NOLA Gold Rugby Foundation
NOLA Gold Rugby Foundation:
Impacting the Community
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
NOLA Gold Rugby recognizes that we are part of a larger community and to have success in business we must:
- Craft a Corporate Social Responsibility Model as part of our daily operations. The formation of the NOLA Gold Rugby Foundation gives us the avenue to fulfill our commitment to our community.
- Use the sport of rugby to create opportunities to improve young lives in our community, as well as collaborate with support organizations to be inclusive in all our endeavors.
50 Youth Rugby Programs
The NOLA Gold Rugby Foundation will use the sport of rugby to help under-served children ranging from ages 4 through 19. Through the sport, kids will learn about comradery, leadership, and hard work.
The Foundation has partnered with the state-based organization, Louisiana Rugby, as well as the Jefferson Parish Parks & Recreation Department. We are in the process of creating & developing 50 youth rugby programs throughout the state before the start of our 2021 season, with responsibilities to:
- Provide coaching and certified volunteers
- Provide all the necessary equipment
- Double the number of high school teams
- Grow rugby statewide
NOLA Gold “Community Projects”
The NOLA Gold Rugby Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the franchise, continues its broadened scope to support various organizations:
- Spina Bifida of Louisiana:
The “Joey Traylor Memorial Fund” – we raise money throughout the year and host the organization at one of our NOLA Gold home games.
- Second Harvest Volunteers:
NOLA Gold Staff and Team helping load food at local food bank during the Pandemic.
- NOLA Reign Women’s Committee:The Nola Reign Women’s Committee has been established to help further the mission of the Gold Foundation. The Committee will be compromised of volunteers that love everything Nola Gold, including helping those throughout the New Orleans area. Members of the committee will be involved in helping plan charitable events, fundraising, and outreach programs. Also, members will provide valuable feedback and networking ideas that will keep NOLA Gold actively involved in the community.
American Cancer Society and “Real Men Wear Pink” for breast cancer awareness partnership.
– ACS Pink Dress Walk with NOLA Gold
– Golf with the Gold Charity Tournament
DIVERSITY INTERN PROGRAMS
NOLA Gold strives to be a leader on social justice issues and the “Theory of Change”.
For the past two decades, the ownership at NOLA Gold Rugby has a successful history establishing and maintaining non-profit organizations which have richly impacted our community.
Since it was established in 2018, the NOLA Gold Rugby Foundation has aligned itself in scope to two previous connected and ongoing programs, Cafe Reconcile and Cafe Hope.
Both programs provide both Life Skills and Job Skills training for disadvantaged youths who seek employment and education.
Sports Management Intern
NOLA Gold will work with local non-profit organizations, partner businesses, and Sport Management Programs to offer paid internships to promote diversity and inclusion in the sports industry.
In addition, we will work with high school leadership programs to develop a pathway to job entry, or a pathway to college in Sports Management through our on-the-job-training internships.
We will also work with our partners, ASM Global Sports Management, Laureus Sport for Good Coalition, Lagniappe Outdoor Solution and Tulane Center for Sports and Education, to help enrich our intern program.
Culinary and Sports Intern Program
NOLA Gold will partner with the Cafe Reconcile and Cafe Hope programs to help facilitate the job training process for paid interns during our 6-month season.
The interns will go through a comprehensive culinary program with the NOLA Gold’s Executive Chef to provide healthy meals and special diets for the professional NOLA Gold players. Sports & Culinary Interns will have additional opportunity to work with stadium concessionaire Centerplate Catering.
To support the NOLA Gold Rugby Foundation, donate now.
CONTACT THE FOUNDATION
For more information about donating to the foundation, learning more about programming, volunteering at an event or scheduling a joint fundraiser, contact Don Boyd at [email protected] or call (504) 50RUGBY.
MAJOR LEAGUE RUGBY RELEASES 2021 SEASON LAUNCH, CHAMPIONSHIP DATE
March 20, 2021 kickoff of #MLR2021 18 weeks of regular season...
LIFE OFF THE PITCH WITH MALCOLM MAY
In a series of features, Major League Rugby is taking...
2021 Season Tickets Now Available
Check out your 2021 Season Ticket Options and Benefits! With...
NOLA Gold Youth Rugby League Coming Soon
Our Major League coaches and players have developed a youth...
Letter from owner Tim Falcon on 2020 season
Dear NOLA Gold Family, Regrettably, Major League Rugby has been...