MLR Week 4 | First XV
MLR Week 4 | First XV
By Aaron Castro, League Correspondent
1. Loosehead Prop, Blake Rogers (Glendale Raptors) – Blake’s performance against Botha demonstrated his improvements since the season began, but his defensive work rate was the key in his game that kept the Raptors within reach during the first half.
2. Hooker, Pat Blair (San Diego Legion) – Pat continues to be in the right place at the right time to score. He helped stabilize the attacking platform for San Diego, helping them win nearly all of their restarts.
3. Tighthead Prop, Dolph Botha (San Diego Legion) – Dolph’s form has improved week to week. He provided the right anchor for San Diego’s scrum which held parity with Glendale throughout the night while also scoring a try of his own.
4. Left Lock, Matt Jensen (Utah Warriors) – Matt Jensen provided significant drive for the Utah scrum throughout the night. Every time he was near the ball he made it count: in the lineout, with carries and tackles.
5. Right Lock, Victor Comptat (Austin Elite) – Victor has stepped up into a starting role with Austin. His ability to positively affect lineouts (alongside Ben Mitchell) against Utah was tremendous.
6. Blindside Flanker, Zach Fenoglio (Glendale Raptors) – Continuing to start at the blindside, he makes positive plays over the entire pitch. He scored the go ahead try for the Raptors, sealing their victory late in the game against San Diego.
7. Openside Flanker, Matt Hughston (NOLA Gold) – Following the loss of Sebastian Kalm, Matt knew his work rate needed to be higher against Seattle. He raised his performance with high tackle efficiency and offensive power, scoring a try in the second half.
8. No 8., Sam Figg (Glendale Raptors) – Sam went toe to toe against Cam Dolan in almost every lineout, providing a positive outcome for Glendale on each. The successful lineouts for Glendale resulted in the positive meters gained throughout the match.
9. Scrum-half, Nick Boyer (San Diego Legion) – Nick’s first start against Glendale at scrum-half displayed how dangerous of a weapon he is with his athleticism, executing quick carries around the ruck. His ruck management was superb, as he delivered the ball lightning-quick to fly-half Ben Cima or the next pod, maintaining positive momentum.
10. Fly-half, Will Magie (Glendale Raptors) – Will continues to be in top form for his position. He was 100% with all of his shots on goal, leading the team with 11 points.
11. Blindside Wing, Seth Halliman (Glendale Raptors) – Seth Halliman’s impact on the wing for the Raptors came with great footwork, balance and pace as he evaded tackles along the touchline to score the ‘Try of the Week’.
12. Inside Center, Paul Lasike (Utah Warriors) – Paul’s physical performance on Friday night for the warriors was extremely efficient. He continues to be a talented runner and defender in the mid-field. Every touch of the ball is a positive gain for his team, scoring in the first half for the Warriors.
13. Outside Center, William Rasileka (Seattle) – William’s try, with an assist from Shalom Suniula in the second half, set the tone for the Seawolves at the 42nd minute against the Gold. This try allowed his team to settle down and go to work for the rest of the half to achieve their first away victory.
14. Openside Wing, Josh Anderson (Utah Warriors) – Josh Anderson’s try was a bit sneaky, which required excellent support, running and vision as he towed the touch before touching the ball down for the try.
15. Fullback, Dylan Audsley (San Diego Legion) – Another great week for Dylan on offense with ten points, coming from three conversions and two penalty kicks. However, it was his high tackle rate that kept San Diego in the game.
On Saturday afternoon in New York City, the NOLA Gold defeated Rugby
On Sunday Night at the Starfire Stadium in Seattle, the NOLA Gold
Watch Highlights HERE On Sunday night at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum,
Tickets on SALE NOW for the 2021 inaugural GOLDEN Ladies Luncheon benefiting the NOLA Gold
2022 Season Ticket Pricing Private Suite: $10,900 for the Season - Includes
- July 2021 (3)
- June 2021 (4)
- May 2021 (1)
- April 2021 (9)
- March 2021 (2)
- February 2021 (5)
- December 2020 (3)
- November 2020 (2)
- October 2020 (4)
- September 2020 (5)
- May 2020 (1)
- March 2020 (9)
- February 2020 (9)
- January 2020 (6)
- December 2019 (5)
- November 2019 (4)
- October 2019 (6)
- September 2019 (3)
- August 2019 (4)
- June 2019 (11)
- May 2019 (25)
- April 2019 (21)
- March 2019 (17)
- February 2019 (11)
- January 2019 (4)
- November 2018 (3)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (15)
- April 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (6)
- January 2018 (5)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (10)
- October 2017 (4)
- September 2017 (5)